Commercial property solicitors

If you are a landlord, a commercial construction company or a business which buys and sells commercial property, you will need to use the services of commercial property solicitors.

Commercial property sales are not like domestic house sales and have a raft of additional legislation that you must comply with. Commercial property solicitors will have up-to-date knowledge of the current commercial property market, and can give your business invaluable help, advice and support.

Using a commercial property solicitor

If your business is involved in the buying or selling of property, or your business is a commercial construction company, the services of a commercial property lawyer will be essential. The range of regulations and legislation that impact on commercial property today is immense.

Your business should never attempt to handle the legal aspects of any purchase or sale without qualified legal advice.

Also, a commercial property lawyer can be invaluable if you are a landlord in negotiations with potential tenants for your property. Commercial leases can be a minefield with many legal pitfalls to avoid.

A commercial property lawyer should be able to show your business that they are fully qualified to help your enterprise in whatever area of commercial property law you work within. Always check these qualifications before taking commercial property advice that you later act upon.

Are there issues specific to commercial property?

The type of commercial property your business is involved with will also govern the type of commercial property solicitors you need to use. For example:

  • Commercial construction has a whole set of regulations that your business will need to comply with.
  • If you are a landlord, the tenant/landlord relationship can also be handled by commercial property solicitors.

Don't go it alone

It is vitally important that you approach any commercial property deal with the right legal representation. Commercial property law is a highly complex component of the UK’s legal system. It is never advisable to try and interpret commercial property law without properly qualified legal support from a commercial property solicitor.

For further advice on the laws affecting commercial property, see our information page on commercial property law.

Call us for free on 0800 533 5787 or use the web-form to the right to speak to an advisor who can put you in touch with the right solicitor for your needs.

Important information

For [selected AoL] law, solicitors will charge a minimum fee of £250 to provide an initial consultation and written opinion on your case. We have a number of recommended law firms in our network who could provide this service to you at the most competitive price. If you would like to proceed, click ‘Paid advice’ below and one of our advisors will call you on a free-of-charge basis to discuss this further with you.